I didn’t want to influence you all too soon, but the suspense is over. Like Republicans Colin Powell and William Weld (except that I’m not Republican) I am standing forth and urging everyone to vote tomorrow for Barack Obama for president! I’m serious. It’s time to put an end to:
- Attacks on the environment
- Attacks on science
- Attacks on nations that did not attack us first
- Attacks on the Constitution
- Attacks on the separation of church and state
- Deceptions in the interests of money and power
And time to embrace:
- Dialogue with other nations, including those we disagree with
- Transparency and honesty in public policy
- A leader who reads, thinks, and is willing to listen to opposing points of view
- Concern for the environment, both global and local, and respect for real science
- Concern for the disadvantaged and the middle class, and not just the wealthy
- Sane fiscal policy, including an end to the massive drain caused by an ill-conceived war
I believe Barack Obama represents these values, and that a vote for Obama is a vote for steering America back toward the values that made this country great.
Okay, that sounded like a campaign slogan—but I actually believe it’s true. I probably didn’t change anyone’s mind with this, but I just wanted to go on the record one last time. I urge other Americans to support these Family Values. Amen.